Sharla Ellis, Branch Manager & Sr. Loan Officer for Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation, is a well-known and deservedly well-respected mortgage professional with a contagious enthusiasm and a compassionate desire to help make her clients’ home-buying dreams come true. Sharla has nearly 30 years in the mortgage industry. She started out as a receptionist with Chase and became a loan officer there after two years. She was named Rookie of the Year her first year as a loan officer for finishing in the top 1% in volume production. She was promoted to Vice President that year at age 24, and for many years, she was the youngest VP Chase had ever named.
When asked what she values most, Sharla is quick to reply, “My family, my church and my clients.” That her top life priorities all involve helping others comes as no surprise to those who know her well. Professionally, Sharla is committed to her clients’ best interests. She is, to say the least, loyal---and in the most positive sense, driven. Sharla is an expert in the analysis of sophisticated loans and has an in-depth understanding of policies and guidelines. Her professional desire has always been to provide increasingly better customer service for clients, and her business model is designed at delivering the best client services possible.
Throughout her career, Sharla has earned many awards and accolades. Here are some of her credentials:
- B.S. in Accounting, University of Utah, 1991.
- Over 9,000 families served.
- More than $2.5 billion in personal closed volume production.
- Recognized among the top 1% of mortgage loan officers in the United States for personal closed volume production.
- President’s Club Top-Producer Qualifier (1992-2019); recognized in various years as the #1 ranking individual producer within the company for closed purchase loans, construction loans and overall volume.
- Mortgage licenses currently held in the states of Utah, Idaho, and Washington.
- Ranked among the top 2% of Fairway loan officers in client satisfaction survey scores*.
- Married to Steve (35 years) and mother of Judd (20) and Lexi (15).
*Survey reviews from previous clients can be read at www.sharlaellis.com
Though stellar and impressive, rankings are not what is important to Sharla. What is important are the clients those numbers and rankings represent. As far as Sharla is concerned, the greatest honor she has received professionally is her top rankings for customer service via client surveys. Sharla Ellis is dedicated to building relationships. Her wide referral base is comprised of realtors, builders, past clients and other strategic partners who consistently return to Sharla and her talented team and refer their clients to her because she simply cares that they receive the best treatment.
A native of Utah, Sharla grew up in beautiful Cache Valley. She lives in Farmington, Utah and is passionately devoted to her family. Sharla and her family love spending time together. In her spare time, Sharla loves creative activities, such as writing, playing the piano and baking (she’s a master at her specialty recipes for homemade bread and jumbo chocolate chip cookies 😊).