Taylor has a natural given talent to evaluate his clients financial and mortgage needs. He prides himself on making sure that his clients thoroughly understand what options they have for their mortgage needs and will work relentlessly to ensure that his client’s needs are satisfied.
Taylor is a graduate of Appalachian State University where he received a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree with a double major in Finance and Banking.
All of Taylor’s client’s come from referrals from friends, previous customers, other real estate and financial professionals who know that they can trust him to take care of the people who are most important to them.
Taylor is originally from Marietta, Ga before moving to Charlotte with his family when he was in junior high and graduated from Carmel Jr. High and Providence High. Taylor lives in south Charlotte with his wife Melissa, daughters Addison and Aubrey, and their dogs Summer and Colby.
Before becoming a mortgage professional, Taylor began his career in the banking industry performing business valuations for closely-held businesses. That knowledge and experience he gained by working with business owner’s and financial officers helped make the transition into the mortgage world a natural one. This invaluable experience allows Taylor to know how to analyze his client’s personal financial situation to determine how to strategize a mortgage plan to best fit their needs. Taylor began working in the mortgage industry in 2003 and before joining the Fairway team, he worked with a mortgage broker firm..
One of Taylor’s favorites quotes is "Attitude" by Chuck Swindoll:
"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think, say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play the one string we have, and that is our attitude...I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you…we are in charge of our Attitudes".
- I met my wife over Memorial Day weekend in 2007 when a neighbor introduced us at a cookout at my house…initially he had told her that I was the "jerk" who lived there and to stay away from me but that the other roommate who lived there was a really nice guy. Needless to say, he had us backwards and the rest is history! We hit it off immediately and enjoyed the summer together on the lake (we both lived on Lake Wylie) and got engaged about a year later.
- We got married on the beach in Hilton Head Island on an absolutely perfect day!
- I have been playing basketball on Monday nights with the same group of college friends for almost 16 years…although the games have gotten a lot slower paced over the years, the competitiveness is still the same!
- My parents both went to Auburn and my dad played baseball there so I grew up going to Auburn football and baseball games on the weekends…needless to say, we are huge football and sports fans in general. My wife went to Virginia Tech and I went to Appalachian State so in the fall our Saturdays are filled with the football whether it is the Hokies, Mountaineers, or Tigers playing.
- We are die hard Panthers fans as well! We are original PSL owner’s so we look forward to home games and our tailgates…we’ve been tailgating with the same people for years.
- When it is not football season then we enjoy relaxing on the lake…whether it is skiing, wakeboarding, tubing and just floating around in the water!
- We attend Calvary Church and our girls go to daycare there as well.
- My family are big entertainers so our ideal weekend is to have friends and family over to our house to grill out.
- I love playing golf…although with 2 small children it is more difficult these days finding the time to play.
I just happen to stumble into the mortgage industry through a friend of mine’s brother but it was one of the best decisions that I have ever made. I really enjoy helping others with home ownership and to know that I have made a difference in their lives.
We make the home loan process as simple as possible by guiding you through every step. Apply Now
With over 400+ branch locations nationwide, our local Mortgage Professionals are ready to help!
Estimate your payments on a home purchase or refinance with our easy-to-use calculators.