USDA/Rural Development Loans
Live Comfortably Outside of City Limits
Home loans guaranteed by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) provide affordable financing options for properties located in designated small towns, suburbs and exurbs. This program helps eligible low- to moderate-income families achieve homeownership by offering a no down payment option.
USDA Loan Highlights
With flexible requirements, USDA loans feature:
- 100% financing + required guarantee fee = 102% of the appraised value
- Low FICO score requirements
- Low interest rates
- Low closing costs
- Gift funds can be used for closing costs
- 30-year, fixed-rate mortgage
USDA Loan Eligibility
Eligibility is based on the property size, location and condition along with income and other qualifying factors. Some of these requirements include:
- Property must be located in a USDA designated rural area
- Maximum loan limits vary based on location
- Household members can have a total income of up to 115% of the medial income for the area
- Household must be able to afford the mortgage payment, including property taxes, homeowners insurance and the annual guarantee fee payable on a monthly basis
Interested in a USDA loan, please contact your local Fairway mortgage professional.
We make the home loan process as simple as possible by guiding you through every step. Get Started
Not sure where to start? We have the right tools to help you make an informed decision.
Our informational and interactive calculators make it easy to find the right loan for you!Start now!